"There's always something to do in Madison an almost constant parade of free events."
Madison, Wisconsin's capitol city, is one of the most naturally beautiful metropolitan areas on earth and an exceptional site for meetings and events of all sizes. Surrounded by five glacial lakes, wooded valleys and pristine air, the city is an extraordinary blend of commerce, recreation and cultural opportunities. Highlights include:
- Overture Center for the Arts, an impressive 400,000-square-foot, world class visual and performing arts facility in downtown Madison that includes the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- A number of galleries and museums, including the Chazen Museum of Art, Madison Children's Museum, the UW Geology Museum, Wisconsin Historical Museum and Wisconsin Veterans Museum
- More than 8,000 area hotel rooms, and a vast array of nationally recognized, award-winning restaurants
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, hailed for academics, research and Big Ten athletics
- State Street, a one-mile pedestrian mall lined with eclectic specialty shops, restaurants and outdoor cafes
- Nationally recognized Saturday morning Dane County Farmers Market located on the regal Capitol Square
- A wide array of golf courses open to the public, from nationally renowned and championship courses to par-3 and miniature golf courses
For more information about all that Madison has to offer, visit the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau website at visitmadison.com.
For more information about cultural sites and museums in Madison, visit madisonmuseums.org.
For more information about Wisconsin, visit TravelWisconsin.com.